“customer” means the person placing an order with Australian Utility for the supply of product
“person” means a person over the age of 18 years, a corporation, partnership and unincorporated body
“product” means the goods including, but not limited to :
(a) teaching pdf documents;
(b) teach word documents;
(c) information documents and digrams;
which are the subject of an order placed with Australian Utility by a customer; “this agreement” means the Terms and Conditions of Sale set out herein
words importing the singular include the plural and vice versa and words importing any gender include all other genders.
Terms & conditions
- Australian Utility provides this service in good faith and will not be liable for any losses caused to individual(s), business(es) or other entities arising from the use of this site. Individuals, businesses and entities using this site do so at their own risk.
- “Use of this site” refers to information obtained by the user from the site, advice given to the user electronically, any financial transaction occurring electronically between the user and Australian Utility (and its employees) over the internet (or arising from the internet), or by reason of any other course of action undertaken by the user in relation thereto.
- Australian Utility or any party involved with creating, designing, updating or delivering the site will not be held liable for any damages arising directly or indirectly from the use of this site. Your use of this site is at your own risk. The “user” is defined as any individual, business or other entity accessing and/or using this site. The site refers to any electronic HTML page accessible under the top domain name of
- All material on this site is the property of Australian Utility. Text, pictures, animations, design, photographs, programming code and any other content available on the site remains the property of Australian Utility and is copyright.
- Technical specifications and price may change at any time without warning. Australian Utility need not give notice or warning of price or specification changes. Actual specifications may vary slightly depending on features, components and availability.
- All orders are subject to Australian Utility terms and conditions which are available upon request. For all purchases Australian Utility reserves the right to make adjustments to information or pricing due to typographical errors, market factors or manufacturer price changes, which may occur at any time without notice.
- Linking to the Australian Utility site: inclusive of the above terms and conditions a site that links to Australian Utility site may link to, but not replicate, Australian Utility content; should not create a browser or border environment around Australian Utility content; should not imply that Australian Utility is endorsing it or its products; should not misrepresent its relationship with Australian Utility; should not present false information about Australian Utility products or services; should not use the Australian Utility logo without express prior written permission from Australian Utility and should not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial and should contain only content that is appropriate for all age groups.
Commentary on site
- You should assume that everything you see or read on this site is subject to copyright unless otherwise stated and may not be used except as provided in these terms and conditions, or in the text on this site, without the written permission of Australian Utility.
- Australian Utility assumes no liability, and shall not be liable for, any damage to, or virus which may infect or affect, your computer equipment or other property arising from your access to, use of, or browsing in this site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from this site.
- Any communication you transmit to this site by e-mail or other method, including any data,
questions, comments, suggestions or the like is, and will be treated as, non-proprietary, unless otherwise specifically indicated. Anything you transmit becomes the property of Australian Utility and may be used for any purpose including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, posting or general public information.
- Subject to our Privacy Statement, all information submitted via this site shall be deemed and remain the property of Australian Utility and its affiliates, we and our affiliates shall be free to use, for any purpose, any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in information a visitor to this site provides through this site. Australian Utility and its affiliates shall not be subject to any obligations of confidentiality regarding submitted information except as agreed by the entity having the direct customer relationship or as otherwise specifically agreed or required by law.
- Although Australian Utility, from time to time, monitor or review postings, transmissions, and the like on this site, Australian Utility is under no obligation to do so and assumes no liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on this site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Australian Utility will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Australian Utility to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
- This privacy statement covers the site www.austutility.com.au (“this site”).
- What personally identifiable information Australian Utility collects.
- What personally identifiable information third parties collect through this site.
- What organization collects the information?
- How Australian Utility uses the information.
- With whom Australian Utility may share user information.
- What choices are available to users regarding collection, use and distribution of the information.
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Australian Utility control.
- How users can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information collection and use
Australian Utility is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. Australian Utility collects information from our users at several different points on this site.
Like most standard Web site servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyse trends, administer this site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Special offers and updates
New customers will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Please see the opt-out options at the bottom of all such communications.
If a user wishes to subscribe to our newsletter, we ask for contact information such as name and email address. Out of respect for our users privacy we provide a way to opt-out of these communications. Please see the Choice and Opt-out sections.
We communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to the account we reply via email or phone, in accordance with the users wishes.
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need or be legally required to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, or to comply with a court order or legal process served on this site.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter and/or announcements and promotional communications may opt-out of receiving these communications by selecting “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any e-mail and following the directions.
Users of this site are always notified when their information is being collected by any outside parties. We do this so our users can make an informed choice as to whether or not they should proceed with services that require an outside party.
This site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we, Australian Utility, are not responsible for the privacy practices of any other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this site.
This site takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via this site, the information is protected both online and off-line.
When our registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or bank check number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry – SSL. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when users are just ‘surfing’.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Our employees must use password-protected screen-savers when they leave their desk. When they return, they must re-enter their password to re-gain access to user information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Every 6 months, as well as any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our users’ information is protected. Finally, the servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment.
If users have any questions about the security of this site, users can contact us.
Correcting/updating/deleting/deactivating personal information
If a user’s personally identifiable information changes (such as zip code, phone, email or postal address), or if a user no longer desires our service, we provide a way to correct, update or delete/deactivate users’ personally identifiable information. This can usually be done by emailing our Customer Support. Alternatively, contact us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed on this site.
Notification of changes
If, however, we are going to use users’ personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify users via email. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner. However, if users have opted out of all communication with the site, or deleted/deactivated their account, then they will not be contacted, nor will their personal information be used in this new manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on this site notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post a notice we will also email users, who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.
For more information please contact us.